If you need to replace missing teeth but aren't quite ready to commit to dental implants, consider alternative fixed prosthetic devices, such as dental crowns and bridges. Dental crowns can substitute a large filling when not enough enamel remains, protect a weak one from fracturing, be used to attach a bridge and disguise a discolored or poorly shaped tooth. Bridges replace sections of missing teeth for a more youthful appearance. If you're sick of hiding your smile because you're embarrassed by the health of your mouth, At Vanident General and Cosmetic Dentistry, Dr. Vanina Medrano is here to assist. Schedule a consultation in our Buford, GA office to determine if you're a candidate.
How Crowns and Bridges Change Your Smile
- Dental Crowns - Dr. Medrano may recommend a dental crown to repair broken, severely worn, and decayed teeth. Dental crowns intend to support a tooth, and the same materials used to make a crown can be used to create a bridge. These can include a variety of materials, but most commonly, porcelain.
- Bridges - Dr. Medrano can bridge the gaps in your smile using these false teeth (called a pontic) that holds abutment teeth on each side to serve as anchors. They're often made from a variety of material such as porcelain, to blend in with natural teeth for a natural-looking appearance. She may recommend different types of bridges based on your unique needs.
What to Expect from Treatment
Crowns and bridges are often combined to deliver excellent results. In our Buford, GA, office, Dr. Medrano makes her patients feel comfortable during every step of the procedure. To place dental crowns takes two appointments. During the first, Dr. Medrano will prepare the tooth for the permanent crown that she will install during the second. For bridges, she will make an impression of the space that's going to receive a crown. You'll receive a temporary bridge until your permanent one gets crafted. She can also address any questions or concerns during your initial visit.
Dental crowns and bridges can last many years. If you're ready for a smile makeover, these restorations can improve your aesthetic, confidence, and self-esteem. For more information about dental crowns and bridges, and other services provided at Vanident General and Cosmetic Dentistry, visit our website. To schedule your appointment with Dr. Vanina Medrano, in our Buford, GA, office, please call (678) 606-0166.
The benefits of dental implants are numerous. A primary benefit is that they can restore your smile after losing natural teeth. Additionally, dental implants can also help reduce the unwanted side effects that occur when teeth are missing. At Vanident General and Cosmetic Dentistry in Buford, GA, our dentist, Dr. Vanina Medrano, can determine if you are a candidate for dental implants.
Dental implants are metal posts placed below the gum line to hold artificial teeth securely in place, much like the roots of natural teeth. Dental implants can be used to anchor various types of replacement teeth, including dental crowns, bridgework, and implant-supported overdentures. When replacing a single tooth, a crown can be placed on top of one dental implant. To replace several teeth, multiple dental implants are needed to hold a bridge or implant-supported overdenture in place.
Candidates for dental implants must have sufficient bone remaining in the jaw area because the implants are placed directly in the bone. Bone loss can occur following tooth loss, which means not everyone will be a candidate for using dental implants to fill the gaps in their smile. If there is not adequate bone left, a dental implant cannot be placed properly. At our office in Buford, our experienced dentist can determine if you have enough bone remaining to support placement of dental implants.
Restoring your smile with dental implants has several benefits. One benefit is that dental implants are a secure method for replacing missing teeth. Since an implant is placed directly in bone, it will remain in place indefinitely without coming loose or falling out. Additionally, by giving you back a full smile, dental implants can reduce or eliminate many of the unwanted side effects of tooth loss. Some benefits of dental implants include:
- Smile Restoration — Dental implants fill the gaps in your smile by securely anchoring artificial teeth in place.
- Reduced Strain — When teeth are missing, the remaining ones endure additional strain as they compensate for missing teeth. Dental implants help reduce or eliminate the excess strain by redistributing biting and chewing functions across a full set of teeth.
- Restored Facial Contours — Tooth loss often leads to drooping and sagging of the face as there are fewer teeth to support facial muscles. Since dental implants replace missing teeth, they also help restore the natural shape of the face by providing additional support.
- Improved Speech — Tooth loss can change speech by causing the tongue to slip into the gaps left where there once were teeth. Replacing missing teeth with dental implants can improve speech by correcting tongue placement when speaking.
There are numerous benefits to restoring your smile with dental implants. To find out if you are a candidate for dental implants, schedule a consultation with Dr. Medrano, our caring dentist, by calling Vanident General and Cosmetic Dentistry in Buford, GA, at (678) 606-0166.
Find out how removable dentures could give you a brand new smile.
Have you been struggling with tooth loss? Here at Vanident in Buford, GA, your general dentist, Dr. Vanina Medrano, offers a variety of ways to replace missing teeth, with each method suited to the unique needs of the patient. Read on to learn more about removable dentures and whether they could be the solution for your tooth loss.
How do removable dentures work?
Removable partial dentures are used to treat partial tooth loss, i.e. when a patient still has some healthy gum tissue and teeth remaining. During a consultation at our Buford office, your dentist will examine your mouth to determine whether removable dentures are the best and most effective tooth replacement strategy for you
Partial dentures, like almost all dental restorations, are custom-made to fit your mouth. This means that we will first need to take impressions of your teeth and gums to find the exact measurements. Partial dentures usually consist of a resin base (made to resemble gum tissue) which contains a set of false teeth. The oral prosthetic is then attached to healthy neighboring teeth using clasps or attachments to hold it in place, especially when biting or speaking.
What are the benefits of removable partial dentures?
There are many pros to getting removable dentures. Some of the benefits include:
- A less invasive dental procedure where you can achieve a full smile again
- A budget-friendly prosthetic that is often less expensive than other options
- Having a full set of teeth that make it easier to chew, bite, and speak
- Feeling more confident in your appearance, especially when smiling
- Easy to adapt to (most patients get used to their partial dentures within 1-2 weeks of constant wear and use)
- They fill gaps between teeth to prevent natural teeth from shifting
Need dental care? Give us a call
Whether you have questions about removable dentures or if you want to sit down with our Buford, GA, dentist to find out if dentures are right for you, then turn to Vanident for a consultation. Call (678) 606-0166 today.
Your teeth are pretty amazing. After all, they are made from enamel, the strongest substance in the human body. They help you speak confidently and enjoy all of your favorite foods. This is why it’s so important to preserve your natural teeth whenever possible, especially when infection or disease threatens them. Fortunately, in these situations, your dentist in Buford, GA, Dr. Vanina Medrano, is often able to save your tooth with a simple root canal—read on to learn more!
Why are root canals performed?
A root canal becomes necessary when bacteria has managed to penetrate the hard outer layers of a tooth and infected its inner structure. Once the bacteria has reached the pulp chamber and infected the dental pulp, the only way to prevent the bacteria from spreading is to perform root canal therapy to remove the compromised material.
What is involved in a root canal?
Receiving root canal treatment from our Buford office is actually quite simple. Here are the steps that are involved,
- Numb the gums around the tooth with local anesthesia so that you won’t feel any discomfort.
- Once the anesthesia has taken effect, we will gently remove the infected pulp and clean out the tooth.
- Following the bacteria removal, we will seal the root canals to prevent future infections. The inside of the tooth is also filled with a rubbery substance that will help to support what’s left of the natural structure.
- A dental crown will need to be placed over the tooth to fully restore it. A temporary crown will usually be placed over the tooth after a root canal. You will need to come in weeks later to replace your temporary crown with the permanent, custom-made crown.
Need dental work? Give us a call
Here at Vanident General and Cosmetic Dentistry in Buford, GA, we want to make sure that your dental issues are resolved quickly and effectively. From toothaches to dislodged teeth, we know how to handle all types of emergencies. Call us today at (678) 606-0166.
If you feel embarrassed about your teeth when you smile, maybe it's time for some cosmetic help from Vanident General & Cosmetic Dentistry in Buford. Your dentist, Dr. Vanina Medrano, offers several effective and aesthetically-pleasing treatments to remake your smile. One popular service is porcelain veneers, or dental laminates. Learn all about them here.
What are porcelain veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin shells of premier quality ceramic customized to cover dental flaws such as:
- Tooth rotation
- Intractable stains
- Odd size or shape
Made according to oral impressions, photos and your specific preferences, veneers from your Buford dentist can change your smile for the better permanently.
Going step by step toward a new smile
Step #1. Think about how you would like to improve the appearance of your smile. Consider tooth color, shape, and alignment. Also, think about your overall facial appearance and how your smile compliments or detracts from it. The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry says you should form realistic expectations.
Step #2 Talk to your dentist at Vanident General & Cosmetic Dentistry in Buford. She'll listen to your smile goals, examine your teeth and gums, take X-rays and photos, and help you determine the treatments best suited to your ideas.
Step #3 If you both decide on porcelain veneers, Dr. Medrano will remove a small amount of enamel from each tooth which is to receive a porcelain veneer. This reduction allows the laminates to fit comfortably, bite properly and look lifelike and natural. No one should be able to tell you're wearing veneers, just that your smile looks great!
Step #4 Wear temporary laminates while the dental lab custom-crafts your permanent veneers.
Step #5 Return to Vanident for installation of your new veneers. Dr. Medrano will try them on your teeth first and vary the color and thickness of the cement before bonding the laminates in place.
Step #6 Enjoy your new smile. Take care of it with proper brushing twice a day and flossing daily. Avoid staining foods and drinks, and never bite down into hard foods such as candy apples or peanut brittle. Undergo regular check-ups and cleanings with your dentist in Buford, GA, twice a year. All in all, your veneers can last ten years or more.
Beautify your smile with porcelain veneers
Dr. Vanina Medrano at Vanident General & Cosmetic Dentistry will tell you how it all works. Call the office today to arrange your cosmetic dentistry consultation: (678) 606-0166.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.